The House System
Everything we do in Ash Manor School is based on our five core values:
• Community – Working together and supporting each other to ensure that nobody is left behind.
• Excellence – Recognising talent and always doing our best
• Resilience – Persevering with a positive attitude so that we learn from mistakes
• Respect – Accepting and valuing our differences with courtesy and consideration
• Integrity – Honestly doing the right thing even if no one ever knows.
Belonging to a House is a pivotal part of the school experience as our pastoral system is based upon the four houses competing to be truly excellent in all that they do. Added to the sense of belonging to a Tutor Group, being a part of a House, can give students a sense of identity and purpose outside of the curriculum.
During the first Induction Day, all new students will be assigned to a House which will be their House throughout their school career. Students wear the tie which bears their house colour and compete in challenges throughout the year which along with attendance, positive attitudes, commitment and progress goes towards the coveted House Trophy.
The House System also supports charity work and provides a range of opportunities for students to serve the school community as well as make sure the Student Voice is represented in the continued growth of the school.
The Four Houses are:
Head of House: Miss Woodyer Assistant Head of House: Miss Eni-Olutu
House Colour: Yellow
Head of House: Miss Griffiths Assistant Head of House: Mr Banner
House Colour: Blue
Head of House: Mr Bland Assistant Head of House: Miss Maddison
House Colour: Red
Head of House: Miss Coe Assistant Head of House: Mr Bufton
House Colour: Green